Sunday, February 23, 2020

The Accidental Pilgrim



WOW!  How the heck did I get here? 
I feel like I accidentally stumbled upon an internal pilgrimage.
I probably have.

It all started with a FB friend's post about a novena experience.
That led to me falling down the rabbit hole and meeting the
Blessed Mother, I think, along the way. 
It's almost like she was leaning on a fence post waiting for me to come
along the path. 

I have been seeking the Divine Feminine on and off for nearly 15 years.
I would start in earnest seeking and seeking.
Only  to get discouraged because I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Mary always seemed too taboo to me, too catholic.
I was done with Catholicism!  Nope, no thanks.
No rosary, No Hail Mary....NOPE! Not having it.

Give me Brighid, Cerridwyn, Lilith, and the like.
But even though I feel I was called by the goddess, all I heard was silence.
No direction, no epiphany, no guiding beam of light.
So maybe, I thought, maybe I imagined it all.

Then I fall down the rabbit hole.
And can you just see her.  Leaning on a fence post.  Twirling a rosary around
her finger.  I can almost imagine her chewing a piece of gum and wearing a
t-shirt and a pair of well worn jeans.  Not your usual Goddess dress or image.
She's had to adapt to the times.

I don't know what to make of this.
Is it just another random curiosity?
Or is it really a calling to seek the Divine?
I've never known how to tell the difference.
Any time I would think I was onto something,
I feel like I would be left floundering with no guide or direction.
I would end up with no answers but only more questions and frustration.

Yet I can't help but think I need to explore this road.
Because if the story my Grandmother told is true,
then without Mary's intervention
I would not be here.
I feel like I at least owe her that much.



Note: the photo I  took back in August 2016 at a Faerie Garden.

2 comments:

  1. If She is calling you, answer. Everyone has a special and unique Goddess who calls their particular name. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't know how.
      My brain wants to make it all overly complicated.
      I am no doubt overthinking the whole thing as I do with just about everything.

      Delete