Monday, December 16, 2019

Where Did The Year Go?

Never mind the year!
Where did the decade go???

I'm having a hell of a time grasping that it is the end of another decade.
It just doesn't seem possible.
So much has changed in the last ten years.
So much is different.
I can't even say if anything is the same as it was.

If you would have told me ten years that I would find myself flying
2200 miles away from a life I was slowly drowning in because of a man
who slowly whittled away my self esteem and self worth.  That I would find
the courage to pick myself and try to find myself. (I'm still working on the finding
myself.  Lots of shit to unlearn and weed through.)
I would have told you that you were crazy as fuck!

But I did leave.
Much to my own surprise.
And I'm sure the surprise of others.
They probably have deemed me crazy because of it.
At the very least, they've been judging me ever since even if I haven't heard about it.
How could they not? It's what people do.

Well...now I'm at a point in my life where I say if that's what floats your boat, go for it.
Unless you've been in my shoes, you don't get to have a say really.  But if you're going
to, I can't stop you. 

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that Christmas is in 9 days.
The new year in 15/16 days.
I've never been good at that counting days until crap.
I guess it's NYE in 15 days?
Either way, I can't grasp it.  It seems unreal.
It just doesn't seem possible.
But here we are.



2 comments:

  1. A lot of positive changes in the past decade for you! Wishing you many more in the new decade to come!

    I still think Y2K was just a couple of years ago. But it's been 20 years? How the hell did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT????
      I mean seriously, wasn't that just like the other day even?
      It seems crazy that it was 20 years ago.
      The more I try to grasp that we are at the end of a decade, the harder I find it to believe.
      I don't think I have experienced that before lol.

      I will welcome any and all positive changes :)

      Delete