Sunday, December 22, 2019

Solstice and Yule Blessings

I was torn between posting yesterday or today.
Of course, I could have done both...but ya know.


Yesterday was the Winter Solstice
I had the greatest intentions, but instead all I made was a batch of
dough for Kolachy.

Today, as I understand it, is the beginning of the Yule season.
I spent it trying to wrap up the last bits of Christmas prep.

We've whittled the festivities of the day down to gathering earlier in
the day to exchange gifts for just the kiddos.  We have a light fare of
snacks and sandwiches.  Which then leaves everyone to go off and
do their thing with extended family or just be with their own.  And
then the littles get the rest of the day to have fun with their gifts.

I'll be tossing together a meal in the crockpot to cook whilst we
are exchanging gifts for us to have that evening.  A new to me
recipe, but it sounds good and easy enough that I can't mess it up.
I'll try to remember to take pictures.

We're also keeping this christmas on the short side because Sister #3's
pupper was hit by a car a couple of weeks ago and is in the process of
recovering from a break in his spine.  It was touch and go that weekend
but the guy's a fighter and pulled through.  He is on as much bed rest that
you can limit a dog to. He can't walk right now, his back legs are still out
of service. But the vet was hopeful that with rest he might regain use of them.

The fucktard that hit him, didn't even stop. They had to have hit him on purpose
because of where he was at the time and he landed in a drainage ditch.
By the time Sister got out the door and crossed the front yard, the car was well
down the road.  The had to know they hit him, he's no little dog!  I hope they
meet up with Karma one day and she gives them hell for what they did.

The saddest part is that the poor boy doesn't understand why he can't wag
his tail.  He looks at it like, "my wiggles is broken."  He has only managed to
move it once since the accident. 

So if you could spare Poe some good vibes, it would be deeply appreciated.

I was going to write about my word of the year and things of that nature too,
but I think I'll leave that for later this week.

Blessings to you and yours!

2 comments:

  1. Happy holidays to you, Ellie! And special wishes for poor Poe -- may he recover fully and well!

    ReplyDelete