Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Happy Hump Day!

It is Wednesday, right?  UGH!  Sometimes it feels like the days, hours run together so tightly that I can keep track.   It doesn't even feel like it should be nearly the end of the month either. 

Triple digits for the next week at least, again. Supposed to be 102 today.  9:00 MST it's already like 81 and feels awful out there.  Sticky, hot.  Right now, it feels better in the house. But around 4:30, 5:00 that will change and it will feel like a swamp in here. 

Then there is the smoke! NWS of Boise says we will have  smoke until at least Thursday.  We have one burning to the South at the ID/NV line called the Owyhee Fire.  Then there are about five burning in the Boise National Forest in various places. Then another about six hours away near the ID/WA area.  Look West and there is one near Bend, OR and another near Medford, OR.  All the ones in CA.  You can smell it in the air. It makes your throat feel scratchy and you feel like you want to constantly cough.  No amount of drinking fluids makes the feeling go away.  It also gives you a headache.

In other thoughts, I was going to enter or was considering at least to submit a couple of photos to the county fair.  The prizes aren't huge.  One fair, the big one next month awards like $15 for 1st prize.  The little one that is this weekend, awards $3 for 1st prize and there was another category that I didn't understand that awards $20. But I gave it some thought and decided that I would wait until next year's fairs.  I will look up all the local ones I can enter.  That will give me time to take some more photos (not that I don't have enough to pick from!) . Pick which I want to use.  Then get them printed and mounted so they are ready to go.

Another reason I want to wait, is that I am hoping that I can scrap together the money I will need for a name change.  I can't find anything in the rules that says I have to use my legal name, but then I don't want it to be a cause for disqualification if I didn't use it.  Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.  I should have jumped at the opportunity when he asked me if I wanted to go back to my maiden name all those years ago.  Instead, I hemmed and hawed over it.  I didn't think he was serious.  No point in wallowing in regrets about it though.  I can't change what I didn't do then.  I have about $100 or so saved, I still need another $150-$200 for it.  I was really going to save the money to buy a new lens for my camera.  But I feel like this is something I need to do.

YIKES!  Time is getting away from me.  I have to put dinner together and get it in the crockpot. 

Stay safe, Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment