Tuesday, January 19, 2021

And Shit Keeps On Coming

 I've been dealing with insurance issues since October now. 
Couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone.
The department that is supposed to know WTF is going on,
never saw any outside insurance.  So they claim.
Last month, someone finally put in for an in depth
review and investigation into my situation.
Because you know, shit keeps getting denied because of some
mystery insurance.

I finally got a call from the case worker who put the review request in.
She says that there is an active outside policy on me, but it was not
included in the report what it was.
So I had to call the department that claims all this time that nothing was
there, for them to tell me "Oh yes, there is a policy active with 'such and such'
company."  I insisted that there was not, so the gentleman who took the call
checked somethings and came back to tell me there was and who it was through.
Gave me a number to call that company but claimed he couldn't give me any
more information like policy or group numbers.  (Which later I found out 
was complete bullshit!  Because if it is in my file I have a RIGHT to ALL 
the information in it.)

So I proceed to call said company and asked them to remove me from this policy.
I was told I cannot remove myself because I am not the policy holder.
It didn't matter that I was on there without my consent.
No one gave a shit about that at all.  

Oh no....four different representatives told me I had to contact my abuser and ask
him to remove me.
Excuse me..........what???  I've been out of state and no contact for almost 10 years.

Seeing I was getting no where with these service reps, I told them have a nice day.
Then promptly lost my shit and had a good fucking cry.
Because FML....I should be able to get myself off something that I didn't agree or 
consent to.  Plus I live out of state from him.

I spoke with my doctor's office and they are going to try to get me more information
about how to proceed from here.  Thank the gods they are being supportive and working
with me. I told her though that under no circumstances (at least those in my control)
would I be going forward with my surgery until all this is sorted out.

I also tried going through Legal Aid to start divorce proceedings.
But because he isn't actively beating the shit out of me or threatening to, they can't help.
AGAIN....FML!
Oh and the lawyer totally made me feel like shit because "why have you waited so long to 
file or try to file for divorce?"  Um, why the fuck should that matter?

I have some calls in to other places that might be able to help me.
Just gotta wait to hear back.

SIGH!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! What a mess! I hope someone manages to help you to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!
      Though, it's not seeming a likely prospect....at the moment at least.

      Delete