Sunday, January 10, 2021

A Not So Great Start, Eh?

 I feel like 2021 is starting out by telling 2020, "Here, hold my beer!"
The events of January 6th were just HOLYFUCK! WTF JUST HAPPENED!

All I could do was think of my Grandma.
And how she must have been rolling over in her grave at what was happening.
This was not the country she knew and loved and fought to come home to.

I'm sure if she were still living, she would  be saying she's seen all this before.
Living in Europe during World War II.
She didn't have to be there, to live through that.  But her parents, her mother
especially insisted she go with them.
I often wonder what different life choices she would have made if she was allowed to stay.
Would she have been a completely different person?
Of course, she wouldn't have met my Grandpa or had my dad, uncle, and aunt.

I think of my family members that served.
Is this the country they fought for?

I think of BLM.
How differently it would have all been handled.

I just can't wrap my head around it though.
I can't understand how people can justify this as being okay.
How people can support this.

Maybe I'm looking at things through rose colored glasses.
Maybe I'm just too naïve.

I am disgusted by what happened.
I am appalled.
I am angry.
And I am scared that it will happen again, and again.

2 comments: