Thursday, April 23, 2020

Only The Good Die Young, They Say

I'm devastated.
I'm Heart broken.
I have no words.

Today Rona touched my family.
Today my 55 year old cousin died.

I haven't seen him in almost 19 years.

We weren't especially close in the way some cousins are.
Our families weren't like that.

After our grandma died, there was some fallout between our parents.
Over something stupid.
But it caused them not to speak to each other, or to us kids even.
He was the only one to continue to talk to any of us.

My fondest memory of him  will always be him trying to teach me
to play "Smoke On The Water" on the guitar.  I was maybe 4 or 5  at the time.
He showed me how to play the opening chords.

He loved music.
I know that much.

Today, is also the 5th anniversary of his father's death.
Tomorrow, marks 39 years  that our grandmother passed.

I hope both of them were there, waiting with open arms.




FUCK YOU RONA!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's very sad indeed. My condolences. Fifty-five is much too young.

    ReplyDelete