Saturday, March 20, 2021

Spring Blessings And Unexpected Happenings

 

Image credit: Wendy Andrew


First Happy SPRING!  Blessed Ostara!!!  
Spring is blowing in like a lion here.
Winds are expected to be 15-25 MPH with 30 MPH gusts.
Which is making it quite chilly despite the blue skies and sunshine.

I have been having the oddest dreams of late.
I dreamt of my late grandmother, who was laying her head in my lap
looking at me silently while I stroked her hair.

The other night, I dreamt of being an room with a huge picture window.
It was dark and grey outside the window, it started snowing.
Then I saw a big blue/dark blue butterfly.
And then another, then a few more, and yet a few more. All fluttering 
and swirling in the wind and snow. Next there were just dozens of them,
coming in wave after wave, spiraling higher and higher into the sky.
I just sat and watched it in awe.

I looked up the meaning of the butterfly and the blue one specifically.
It seems to be a good omen.  So fingers crossed!

So let's see.  Insurance drama...  I believe I told y'all that the reason I 
have been having issues with my claims being denied is because the 
not yet Ex has had me on his insurance without my knowledge or 
consent.  I tried getting myself off it, but they wouldn't even talk to me.
They just kept telling me I have to talk to HIM about it.  Which, of
course, caused me to have a melt down. I talked to my doctor's office
about it, but I haven't yet heard back from the lady there.

Well somewhere in the middle of all this, I got divorce papers in the mail!
Someone must of tipped him off about the insurance stuff because he made
sure to mention that as soon as it's finalized, he would drop me.  But I still 
don't have access to the information even though I am more than likely 
entitled to the coverage regardless.
He has gotten ALL of my stimulus money.  And I have not seen or gotten 
a dime of it.  *SIGH!*  It's frustrating!!  I did ask him to send me the last
installment because it was probably going to go to him again before I could
even attempt to try to claim it again.  Because I did try to get it the first time
around, and my papers kept getting rejected.  And I finally did the where is it
request, and that's how I found out that it went to him. 

People in my situation have almost no recourse.  Domestic Violence victims
have no way to get what they are entitled to, and are pretty much forced
to contact the abuser. Which of course leads down a dangerous road for the victims.
Probably why I believe most victims are not pursuing getting their 
portion of the funds from their abuser.

But anyway, we'll see what happens.  I've been told by several people that I should
open up an claim of some sort to get my half.  That I should fight for it.  I don't know 
if I have the energy for that.

If all goes well, the divorce should be finalized this time next month.
Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the all-important divorce proceedings have been started! That divorce decree is your ticket to freedom! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things will work out for you. It is hard when you are in the middle of it, but once things are final, you are on a new path and things start to get better. Happy Spring (not quite here yet but it's coming).

    ReplyDelete