Sunday, June 24, 2018

Weekend Roundup

Friday was MommaT's birthday.  We had to run around and finish up buying little things for her grands birthday presents.  One is turning 15, the other 7.  All three birthdays, hers and theirs are within about two weeks of each other.  So for the first time, we celebrated all 3 together.  Mostly because Papa was home this weekend. He never gets to celebrate the grands birthdays being on the road three weeks at a time.

Yesterday was the big day of festivities.  Barbque and pool time.  I don't do pools, so I watched or visited with the goats.  Three different cakes, but I only had the one layered cherry cake with ganache and covered in chocolate. Sister #1 made it herself and OMG was it good. RICH but oh so good!!!

Today, well it's pretty much just getting started. I'm sipping my morning coffee as I right this.  But it has been a great start.  I can check seeing baby Magpies off my list!

Nothing like being half way through your first cup of Joe, when Mom comes and asks if you want to see some baby Magpies.  We soon realized that there were four of them and Momma Magpie was trying to teach them to fly.  They all ended up in the duck pen.  Momma Magpie was going a little bonkers with us humans so close to her littles. But Mom was able to round them up and has them in a safer section of the pen where they can wander about and hopefully learn to fly.  Two were almost there, the other two were still too stunned I think.  Just got to keep the outside cats away. 

We have tons of Magpies around here.  I always wondered if I would ever see a baby one.  Today that happened and I couldn't be more excited.  Of course I ran in and grabbed my camera and my tablet to take photos.  After I did that, I walked down the drive to see if I could get some more photos of the most beautiful beetle I have ever seen.  Even prettier than the Japanese beetles I used to have eating my roses in Georgia.  These are on the milkweed plants in the field.  They are an iridescent blue.  Absolutely gorgeous!

It's supposed to be a warm one today.  So I don't think I'll get much more outside time until later if I'm up to it.  I can't believe how sensitive I have gotten to heat.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. OMG. That cake. You have my mouth watering. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete