Sunday, September 10, 2017

Day 10 - Once Upon A Dream

Today’s Nudge: Write about a dream you once had that you let go of, and where that led you.


I've had my share of dreams over the years.  Many I let go of, some I still hold on to.

Since I was 12 I dreamed of being a writer.  I've been trying to achieve that dream since about 2004 or 2005. 2006 really put a damper on things when my Grandma died. She was my biggest cheerleader and supporter.  Not just of my dream of being a writer, but pretty much any dream I had.  

This lead me to finding blogging, which does get me writing just not in the manner I wanted to be. But I think by coming to the blog and showing up, it's teaching me how to sit my ass down and write.  Especially since I am also writing on two blogs.  It's not easy I want them to be a little different in the posts, yet similar enough.

Blogging is what led me to finding art journaling, which led me to teachers like Tamara LaPorte, Connie from Dirty Footprints, and of course our blog challenge hostess Effy Wild.  This led me to wanting to take art classes and wanting to paint, to be an artist.


So while I might be focused more on art right now, I've not truly let go of my dream of writing.  It is its own form of art.  I think that one day, when the writing Muse is ready, we will once again embark on that journey.  Over the years, if I really think about it, writing is the one dream I never really let go of. It's been put on the back burner...A LOT!  But it's always there.  Just waiting for inspiration to hit and the Muse to speak.

In the mean time, I will work on developing a creative practice where I can show up to my easel or my art table. I will blog.  I will take pictures. I will think about writing and what I want to write about.  And one day it will all come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment