Thursday, December 29, 2011

Word For 2012

I have been spending the last few days rolling these two words around in my head. I thought Create was going to be it, but it felt lonely something was missing.

As I am fascinated by alchemy even though I don't know much about it past the mentioning of Nicholas Flamel in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" or the tales of Ed and Al on "Fullmetal Alchemist", it still intrigues me.

Then it sorta popped into my head "CREATIVE ALCHEMY" that's my word for 2012! Every time I will paint or write I will be mixing elements to create what I want or at least I hope so. I may not have a Philosopher's Stone, but I have my crystals. I have my candles, my inspiration music, my Beloved (who also inspires me because he believes in my and supports my dreams). But it's not just painting and writing that I'll be creating. I hope to be creating more in the kitchen, like I did tonight. And I will be creating myself...becoming the person I am meant to be.

8 comments:

  1. Wow...what a wonderful word for 2012 and love the explanation too. I too have a Beloved who also believes in me and supports my dreams...for that we are truly blessed. And I guess that should be the goal of each and every human person "to become the person we are meant to be!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Geri!!! For too long I suppressed "me" because other people in my life didn't approve of who I was or my dreams. And one day I woke up and said "NO MORE!" Then I met my Beloved and he saw all those things in me that I had been hiding for too long and he loves me and has been encouraging me to come out of my shell and stop hiding who I am. Yes, I love this man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great word and i love the title of your blog I think we all secretly try to find ourselves but rarely do we make it public for fear of someone not approving I like that you are sharing your journey with the world I shall be following along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great joining of words to make them uniquely you. Go for it..and enjoy 2012
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea - creative alchemy - I wonder what magic you will create!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May you truly be filled with the transformative power of creative alchemy! It reminds me of the temperance card in the tarot. For years I kept getting that card in readings prompting me to create art. Once I started painting, I stopped getting my temperance card!

    Blessed be in the coming year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CREATIVE ALCHEMY sounds like a wonderfully fun experiment! Have a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great term for this thing we strive toward. I like it. Hope all your creative urges are fruitful this year.

    ReplyDelete